[SunHELP] can't type through serial port

Zaheer Ahmed zaheerahmed at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 8 09:09:17 CST 2003

Hi Sunhelp user,
First I wish a very "Happy New Year" to you and your family.
Now
Using a PC hyperterminal of my laptop I can view console of Ultra 60 machine
using a null modem cable. But the problem is the communication between laptop
keyboard and system's serial port is not going through. The console is showing
this kind of message "Type root password or press ctrl-d for normal boot" and
whatever i press nothing happens on screen. No ctrl-d, ctrl + Break/Pause keys,
or Return key working.
Anyhelp please.

Thanks
Zaheer Ahmed