[SunHELP] Mirror

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Aug 14 14:17:33 CDT 2003

"From: Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken at pandora.be>
"
"I have a sparc4 with 88mb ram and sol 2.6, and are using this as a home server. It has two disks, because i don't wane lose data, i want to use some kind of mirroring,only the data partition not on the OS partitions.
"I believe there is disksuite on the original cd's. will this not eat to much memory? ore are there betters ways?

it's on the 2.6 server set.  it might be d/l-able now.

it doesn't eat memory or otherwise alter performance, as far as i can
tell.  i have my root mirrored, on a ss2, but that's read-mostly.

for a fs that gets a lot of writes, you'll want to put the sides of
the mirror on separate controllers, but that's standard practice.