[SunHELP] Mis-matching IDs for Unix And ClearCase

viet nguyen viet_nguyen14 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 09:02:32 CDT 2003

Hi All,

I am currently running Solaris NIS and ClearCase for company. I am having some problems with ID of UNIX , and Clear Case NT nis-match. My solaris ID is only taking 8 chcharacterBut i have some Clear Case NT more than 8.   Every time some users login on Clear Case with the ID more than 8 character long. The Unix doesn't know who this users. Do you have idea. Or can i set more 8 IDs for UNIX solaris. ??

thanks

Viet Nguyen.