[SunHELP] Testing File Descriptor Limits

Matthew Hattersley MatthewHattersley at businessserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 04:39:46 CDT 2003

Does anyone have a script lying around for testing file desciptor limits.

I have set my limits to:

Hard Limit: 4096
Soft Limit: 1024

Obviously considering that Solaris 2.6 lies about this and reports that it
does have a FDL of whatever hoever if it is above 256 (I think) it barks
when this limit is reached. Solaris 2.8 is supposed to fix this, but I don't
trust it. I imagine its just a file open script thingy, but writing the
script is another matter.

Cheers in Advance.

Mat