[SunHELP] FW: tar copy/extract redirected over ssh, still nee d help

Thu Sep 26 12:24:35 CDT 2002

That's about 700 KBytes/sec...  Standard 10/100 should max out at about
10000 KBytes/sec.

ssh transfers have CPU overhead because of the crypto stuff but this seems
extreme.  You might want to check your switch & hme ports to see if you're
truly at 100fdx (see the "ndd" command).  Some switch vendors don't
auto-negotiate well and the ports have to be forced up.

Another check would be to ftp and see if the speed jumps.

Another check, if allowed by your scp version, would be to scp the file with
the "-c none" flag, which says "no crypto", and see if the speed jumps again
- it takes the load off the CPU's.

Finally, can you dual-connect your clariion temporarily?  Maybe you can get
the disks seen on the other host.

-M