[SunHELP] script request!

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 20 08:31:41 CDT 2002

The best I can come up with off the top of my head is...

<-------SNIP------->
#! /bin/bash
for oldname in `find . -name "*nana*pl" | cut -d '/' -f 2`
do
    newname=`echo $oldname | sed 's/nana/mona/'`
    # echo $newname
    mv $oldname $newname
done

Not particularly elegant but it works. You could replace the find with an "ls
-1 *nana*pl"or something if you only wanted the current directory.

Will.