[SunHELP] Solaris installation through serial port doesnot respond

wade chy wchy65 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 22:54:09 CDT 2002

Hi All
I am trying to install Solaris 8 on an old Ultra
Enterprise 2 without a sun monitor. There is two 25
pin serial connectors A & B. I have hooked up a serial
cable to A and the other end to my PCs 9 pin serial
port. When I powered the sun box. It does not give any
prompt to my PCs hyperterm. I tried to use an terminal
program named Teraterm. But nothing seems to work. Is
there any way to find out if the serial port on the
sun box is working or not? Please help.
Thank you in advance.
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com