[SunHELP] can't kill a job

Jeremy RJ Towers jeremytowers at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 06:38:19 CDT 2002

hi Edward,

The process is in kernel space and cannot be trapped until it crosses
the boundary to user space. It will never cross this boundary until its
operation completes.

Only the completion of the erase will cause it to finish.

The process is probably hung now, and I think only a reboot will cure it.

HTH

Jeremy