[SunHELP] help mission cridical machine can't connect to it after power out age power led and disk is on (no console)

Joseph Ndoye josephn at precise.com
Fri Sep 6 17:23:48 CDT 2002

Hi please anyone out there help mission cridical machine

Here's a description of our problems.

The machine is an E220R

Problem: There was a power outage about 1-2 hours ago.  When we go to boot
the box up, the yellow LED on the front of the machine stays on.

POST runs successfully according to the LEDs on the keyboard (i.e. when you
power on, there is a beep, followed by all 4 keyboard LEDs coming on
briefly, then coming on briefly again).

Disk and power supply LEDs are fine.

There is no graphics card, so we tried to use the parallel port.  This works
fine on our other machine, but on this machine it doesn't.

After the power has been on for a little bit (several seconds), the machine
is pingable, but you can't telnet in.

Thanks
Joseph
Unix System Administrator