[SunHELP] late model gcc for old Sunos-4.1.3_U1 SparcServer 670MP

Robertdkeys at aol.com Robertdkeys at aol.com
Wed Nov 27 20:16:33 CST 2002

I have this old SparcServer 670MP that I really
don't want to get rid of, but do enjoy pfutzing
around with.  Currently, I need to get a late
model groff and TeX up on it, for some writing.
groff and its companion grap require a gcc 2.95
or later and all I have up on the machine is an
old gcc 2.58 build.  Does anyone know of any
prebuilt binaries for gcc 2.95 or later on
Sunos-4.1.3+U1?  NetBSD is not an option, because
the current 1.6 suite has problems on VME sun
stuff (like it locks up the machine on boot).

Any pointers to any binaries are appreciated, or,
I may have to compile the critter the hard way.

Thanks

Bob Keys