[SunHELP] Apache problem on Solaris 8 SPARC box

wade chy wchy65 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 23:26:10 CST 2002

Hi All
I have downloaded and installed Apache-1.3.27 from
sunfreeware.com on a Solaris 8 sparc box. It requires
openssl-0.9.6g. I have downloaded and installed it
also. When I tried to start Apache, I get an error
msg:

Executing /etc/init.d/apache start ..
httpd starting.
ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
libexpat.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not
be started

As per instruction from sunfreeware.com my PATH is
/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/apache/bin:/usr/local/openssl/bin:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is /usr/loca/openssl/lib
perl is in /usr/local/bin/perl

For some reason I cant figure out why apache does not
start. Please help. TIA.

Wade Chy
http://webhosting.yahoo.com