[SunHELP] Sendmail Auth

Jim Pennino jimp at specsol.com
Tue Nov 12 21:16:25 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:49:17AM +0000, Chris David wrote:
> My problem is destination server needs authentication?

Well, like I said, as far as I know sendmail can't do user authentication
when acting MTA TO MTA.

You could point your local MUA to the destination server as the SMTP
agent and just bypass the local sendmail.

You could get the admin of the destination server to allow relay from
your server.

That's about it unless you replace your local sendmail with something
else that does a MTA to MTA user authentication, but I have no idea what
that would be.

--
Jim Pennino