[SunHELP] Find command syntax

Nigel Trivass trivass at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:25:38 CST 2002

Hi,  I have to move approximately 500,000 files from one filesystem to
another. The files are compressed, and are aged between 1 day and
12months. I was advised by the 3rd party whose application created the
files to move any files older than 6months. These files are not
timestamped in the actual name. Last night I used the following command: #nohup
find /export/home/bv/statements -atime +180 -exec mv {} /spare/statements
\; However, when I came in this morning only 53,000 files had been copied
and the command had completed. Any ideas where I've gone wrong, or any
suggestions of a more efficient command to carry out this task. The files
are not timestamped in the name. Thanks in advance for your help. Nigel