[SunHELP] booting from cdrom

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com ) SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
Wed Nov 6 02:36:37 CST 2002

The STOP-A sequence can  be emulated through serial line with a "break"
sequence.

So you have to send break with the terminal software on the PC
(Hyperterminal, Minicom or whatever you use).

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sdaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
<mailto:sdaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com>  - (+33)5.57.26.56.36
SchlumbergerSema - SGS/DWH/Pessac

	-----Message d'origine-----
	De:	Abhishake Pathak [SMTP:abhishake00 at yahoo.com]
	Date:	mercredi 6 novembre 2002 08:58
	@:	sunhelp at sunhelp.org
	Objet:	[SunHELP] booting from cdrom

	I want to install solaris 9 on my sun enterprise 150
	through a null modem setup.  I set everything up and i
	get the output on my pc.  It does not automatically
	boot from the cdrom (obviously).  My question was how
	would i get it to boot from the cdrom drive since my
	pc keyboard does not have a "stop" key which unables
	me to get a prompt.  Also what is the largest size
	hard drive it can take?
	thank you
	Abhishake
	HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now