[SunHELP] Poor TCP/IP performance on core install, oposite on full!?

trader at lotr.nu trader at lotr.nu
Thu Mar 28 21:10:27 CST 2002

Well I have done some more tests and here are the results:
SFTP:
------
Upload to Solaris from Windows XP 65Kbyte/sec
Upload to Windows XP from Solaris approx 500Kbyte/sec.

Upload to FreeBSD from Windows XP approx 200-250Kbyte/sec
Upload from FreeBSD to WinXP approx 1000Kbyte/sec

Upload from WinXP to OpenBSD approx 130-170 Kbyte/sec
Upload from OpenBSD to WinXP approx 220-260 Kbyte/sec

Upload from OpenBSD to Solaris approx 650Kbytes/sec
Upload from Solaris to OpenBSD apparox 210Kbytes/sec

FTP performance is also poor as mentioned. However http performance is
superb as I get 10Mbyte per sec. I tried a 115Mb file and it downloaded in
about 10sec. So seems the problem is only sftp and oddly enough ftp
related!?

// SuperCali