[SunHELP] Problems with a saved sparc 2

Rosa Nicolas nrjcorporation at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:28:49 CST 2002

Hi everybody,

After seeing a lot of mails in this archive, I don(t have resolved my
problems.

Ive rescued a sparcstation 2 from the trash but I dont have the
keyboard nor the screen.
I opened the box to see what is inside:
- there are three processor sized chipsets
- 8 memory bars with 9 chips
- a Seagate scsi disk (st1480n) seems to be a 480 meg disk
- a floppy
- a graphic card

I am trying to boot it with a serial console but unfortunately he
doesnt respond
When I switch on, I see the fans moving, after 1 minute the disk is
spinning up, and thats all.
Ive seen 2 dips with rs234 and rs423 written on it, and Ive tested the
2 positions
Ive also pulling the nvram (the chip with an orange sticker) out
But with all this Ive never see a single letter on my terminal (tterm
on serial 2 9600 8n1)

Can you help me ????