[SunHELP] /dev/vx/config and OK prompt

Ernest Adjei eadjei_ny at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 03:45:20 CST 2002

Hello,

        I had Veritas installed on my Sparc 20 which is running a Solaris
8. Everything seems fine till i decided to add another hard disk to my
Sparc 20. After formating the new disk, I tried to create a directory
under /. I got a lot of errors that i had no answers to. I rebooted the
box and got the OK prompt because there was a message that read ERROR:
cannot open /dev/vx/config: no such device or address
/etc/rcs.d/S25vxvm-sysboot: egettxt: not found.

I tried to boot in Single user mode and it will not work. The default
disk will not boot anymore. Mind you i do not have a cdrom attached to
the Sparc 20. I have a feeling the Veritas volume manager is not active,
but the problem is how do i get over the OK prompt?

boot -s, reset, boot, boot -r, none of these work. Help please!!!!

Ernest.