[SunHELP] Help! console concentrator

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Tue Mar 19 20:36:17 CST 2002

Hi all --
I have a need to suck serial console stuff out of 8 network infrastructure
boxen.  This has to happen in parallel, and take less than 5 minutes.
Six of these dump about 40-60K, no problem.  The other two put out
about 280K.  This says they'll need to run at 19.2 on the console
port.  I've tried a couple of termserver-ish boxes talking through
telnet to a machine running expect scripts.  The buffering and
handshaking pretty well kills the total runtime goal.  I'm thinking
of maybe a SS5 with a multiport serial card snagging the stuff to
local disk.  Has anybody BTDT?
thanx,
-ls-