[SunHELP] Reconfiguration and devices numbering

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com ) SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
Mon Mar 18 05:48:41 CST 2002

I'm going to migrate my boot disk from an old SSA (boot disk at c0t0d0) to a
brand new D1000 (future boot disk at c5t0d0).

After booting on the D1000, I'm going to disconnect the SSA,  empty
"/etc/path_to_inst" and "boot -r" to cleanup /dev and /devices, so that
every SSA disks path will disapear from the server configuration.

My question is : Is there any risk for the D1000 boot disk's path to become
c0t0d0 instead of c5t0d0 (as the c0t0d0 was SSA boot disk) ?
What will hapen during the reconfiguration boot as" /" and "swap" will be
linked to c5t0d0 in /etc/vfstab ??

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>  - (+33)