[SunHELP] Help Changing Printer Default

Mack Lundy malund at wm.edu
Fri Mar 15 08:58:18 CST 2002

I'm about to bag this question but thought I would take one last stab at
finding someone who can help.

We have several networked HP LJ printers.  I know how to use lp to print
landscape for single print jobs..  What I would like to do is set up two
definitions for a printer, one portrait and one landscape so the user
can select depending on the print job.  Asking the user to change the
settings on the actual printer isn't an option.  I set up the printers
using the HP Jet Direct Printer Installer.  I've looked at all the files
associated with printers it looks like it should be possible to set
lanscape/condensed as a default but I haven't found the place to do it
or the syntax.  Right now, I'm trying to do it on an E450 running SOL 7
and the Revision E.10.05 version of Jet Direct Pritner Installer.  I'm
planning to update the installer software but haven't seen anything in
the notes that it addresses this issue.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Mack

-----
Mack Lundy
Systems Librarian
College of William & Mary, Swem Library
voice:  757.221.3114
email:  malund at wm.edu
Disclaimer:  Any opinion expressed is solely my own and should not be
attributed to my employer, spouse, or cats.