[SunHELP] A1000 Storedge Raid Controller Firmware problem

Bret Adams bret at fabrikant.com
Sat Mar 9 09:48:32 CST 2002

Hey Everybody:

I have a slight problem.  I am running Solaris2.8 with the A1000
Storedge.  We are using Raid Manager 6.22.1.
The installation of the software was smooth but it complained about the
firmware on the controller.  We tried to use the
fwutil from command line to upgrade the firmware which was correct but we
only used the apd file and but not both the apd and the bwd file of the
firmware.   Now the controller shows no firmware and the drives are not
being recognized at all.  We tried probe-scsi-all
at the ok prompt and the controller shows but no drives.

How can I reinstall the firmware of the controller?

Thanks in advance

Bret