[SunHELP] MUA / exchange

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Mar 8 11:16:40 CST 2002

> is there a MUA for solaris that will interace with MS exchange?

For IMAP/POP and SMTP, any MUA will do fine.  Netscape is pretty darn
good in that regard.  There's tons of others too....

If you want true Exchange integration, you need to use Ximian Evolution
- head to www.ximian.com to check it out.  It comes in two parts -
Evolution is free, while the Exchange connector costs money.  You also
should install RedCarpet in order to resolve all the Gnome dependencies
without your head exploding.

I'll footnote this by saying that I've never run Evolution on Solaris -
though it performs like a champ on my Linux (SuSE 7.3) laptop.  I have
never used the Exchange connector - but I understand it's a breeze to
setup.

Kurt