[SunHELP] How to tell if Sombra CPU's are installed?

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com ) SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
Fri Mar 8 05:08:55 CST 2002

The only significant changes in system configuration of our E6500 were the
following lines, added by Sun in /etc/system after replacing the old CPUs
with Sombra CPUs :

*START OF MIRRORED SET STATEMENTS
set ecache_calls_a_sec=1
set ecache_scan_rate=1
set ecache_is_mirrored=1
*END OF MIRRORED SET STATEMENTS

But, yes it does not prove that Sombra CPUs are in the box :-)

Also note that the last value is not recognized by Solaris 2.6 kernel, as
the following message is displayed at boot time :

"sorry, variable 'ecache_is_mirrored' is not defined in the 'kernel'".

Even the CPU version displayed during POST did not change :

"CPU mid 1 Version=00170011.a0000507"

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>  - (+33)