[SunHELP] How to tell if Sombra CPU's are installed?

Hichael Morton mh1272 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 23:18:38 CST 2002

Sombra CPUs can be ordered from Sun to replace regular CPUs
(particularly if your regular CPUs are having the e-cache parity
errors).  That is, the Sombra CPU is a FRU (field replacable unit) and
can be ordered individually.

If you have a service contract, you can also have the regular CPUs
upgraded to the Sombra CPUs.

(We did this to at least one of our E6500s.)

Hope this helps,

HM