[SunHELP] What is the largest hard drive that I can put in my ULTRA 2

Jeremy Towers jeremy.towers at btopenworld.com
Wed Mar 6 11:10:25 CST 2002

I would offer the following advice though:

Whilst there are all kinds of drives on the market, stick to the exact
ones that Sun sells. A lot of firmware updates take place, and you won't
have access to these if its an Unobtanium drive or a Seagate oddball,
because Sun won't produce a patch for that.

As for the newest biggest, remember a few years ago when  a large
independent storage supplier had to replace every single one of the
latest greatest 9gb drives that had been sold? In other words, don't be
on the bleeding edge here

That said, if you get something cheap, and its not a critical (to you)
system.....

my 2c,

Jeremy