[SunHELP] What should I do with my new ULTRA 2 ?????? Comments Welcome.....

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Wed Mar 6 09:43:34 CST 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, FTG wrote:

| Well my new Ultra 2 is comming tomorrow. Any suggestions as for a use for it

I run all my services off a dual 300Mhz Ultra2 with 1.7GB of RAM. I'm
serving about 30 virtual hosts (5 of them have real, constant traffic and
are PHP or CGI-driven) using Apache, a MySQL database, 20-25 users logged
in during the day, and mailing lists totalling about 6000 subscribers.

This is running Solaris 8 with mirrored system drives (using SDS) and
external storage for luser data. Rarely will it break abovea load of 1.0.

the Ultra 2 is a fine machine, and it can take on alot just fine.

/dale