[SunHELP] Patch installation problem

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 02:04:49 CST 2002

Hi All

Well this should be simple, but I cannot get the correct syntax for the
patchadd under Sol 8.

I have downloaded a patch which is in .zip format and I have put that patch
+ unzipped version onto a CDROM.

I put the CDROM into a Blade 100 and try

patchadd /cdrom/new/patch/108528_13 <- this is the unzipped directory

This results in a failure with test saying no argument

I then try with

patchadd -R /cdrom/new/patch 108528_13

This says it cannot find INST_RELEASE file

Will someone put me out of my misery, I am used to installing the clusters
and the old 2.6 type installs and never had to use patchadd, what am I doing
wrong?

Also why are the patches in .zip as opposed to .gz format?

Peter

Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1636-627900