[SunHELP] Strange SDS 4.2.1 Problem

Michael Karl mk at lexcom-net.de
Sun Mar 3 13:51:53 CST 2002

Hi

sorry, but I don't remeber my own problem last year in September,
because I had made so many installations with SDS 4.2.1 and
transmetadevice-logging without any problem since September.
(But no installation with a raid bigger then 1TB ;-))

But it is a know bug (Sun internal). The patch 108974-17 doesn't
solve it and I think, that I got this problem by using the actual
recommended Patch-Cluster from February back.

You need a utility called "rwdevid" to change device-ids for
none SUN-disks or none SUN-RAIDs.

I found this utility in my eMail-Backup from last year.
If anyone need it, please mail me.
(I got this utitily from Sun in Sweden, thanks Magnus)

At last: why using logging via transmetadevice ?
It's faster ... really faster with many small files than ufs-logging.
25% on my home-sparc20 with two internal-disks and 10-15% on a custumers
UE450 via ultra-wide2 on a Nexsan-ATAboy2.

Michael