[SunHELP] X editors

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Mar 1 16:29:02 CST 2002

> not from my standpoint but this a coporate environment and
> these guys are workstation oriented running exceed sessions.

Putty is your freind - have 'em putty in via SSH and and use vi or emacs.

A DBA that doesn't understand ve/emacs/commandline has no business being a
DBA.  My opinion...

If an agreement can't be reached - perhaps PSCP (by the maker of Putty) can
be used.  Edit the files on the local workstation using $editor_of_choice
and pscp 'em to the server?  this means you DBA will need to learn some
cammand line stuff, but as I said....

Kurt