[SunHELP] forgot root password

Nils9 nils9 at apollo.lv
Fri Mar 1 10:20:11 CST 2002

I've missed the whole thread, but where is the problem to boot from the
solaris installation cd (boot cdrom) and then when it promts for language
or whatever, press CTRL-C and you have the promt. Now mount the
root partition on /mnt and go into the /mnt/etc/passwd and /mnt/etc/shadow,
take vi and get rid of password at all!

-Nils
SWHTechnology