[SunHELP] xinerama/multiple resolutions for different displays?

tim miller timjmill at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 12:57:13 CDT 2002

I've got my Sun Blade 1000 running with dual monitors,
but I am forced to go without the +xinerama option b/c
the resolution on one of the card/monitor pairs is
lower than the other and I can't see the workspace
bar. It runs fine w/o the +xinerama option, but it
would be nice to be able to treat it as one big
desktop. Is there anyway I can specify 2 different
resolutions for the two sides of the desktop? I havent
done any setup other than adding an extra -dev
/dev/ifb0 to the Xsun startup line in
/usr/dt/config/Xservers. I have tried setting the
resolution to the same as the other framebuffer, but
apparently the monitor wont go into it at some refresh
rates, and at others, the bottom 1/4 of the screen is
garbaged. Any suggestions?
Tim Miller