[SunHELP] How to walk to Oracle DBA career path.

Thu Jun 27 05:56:58 CDT 2002

Currently, my working environment is 12 E-250s, Solaris 2.6.
I got SCNA certified for Solaris 7 already.
My company is ISP. I incharge of all Internet infrastructure system, ex.
DNS, LDAP, sendmail,
CheckPoint, Radius, and Open Source world etc.
I'm ok with my job in each day for a few years.
But now I though DBA career especially in ORACLE is more interesting
I think it can make me more
$, exciting, progress in career path and database is what I can did very
well in
database theory course, when I was studing in university.

Database is really important for company, is that possible for company
to accept me who have a little experience with Oracle( Install on RH, Create
Instance and DB)
to work in DBA role ? (I beleive the answer is "NOT")

What I am thinking is, I will try to get first Oracle certificate and find
job
again with certificate references.
I've no more better idea.  If someone has any experiences/idea/anything
please share, I would really apreciate that.

Please accept my appologize if you look this posted is
trivial messages and waste your time to read it. However
thank to read until here!

Regards,
Pat.