[SunHELP] Strange problem after powerfail

Michael Karl mk at lexcom-net.de
Mon Jun 24 16:49:32 CDT 2002

Hi,

i have a strange problem after customer mistake during powerfail.

Now the UE450 with Solaris 2.6, SDS 4.1 with product-patch and a
CMD-Hardware RAID doesn't start with a filesystem-problem.
Via remote I started the fsck and got following messages:

# fsck /dev/md/rdsk/d10
** /dev/md/rdsk/d10
** Last Mounted on /raid0
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT I=23360094 (2576 should be 1232)
CORRECT? y

524326659 BAD I=23424216
541103364 BAD I=23424216
524325636 BAD I=23424216
507351045 BAD I=23424216
524061444 BAD I=23424216
507284229 BAD I=23424216
507611910 BAD I=23424216
540838405 BAD I=23424216
557484035 BAD I=23424216
540771588 BAD I=23424216
EXCESSIVE BAD BLKS I=23424216
CONTINUE? n

"/dev/md/rdsk/d10" is a metadevice (concentration of d0 and d1:
two raid5-sets) and the filesystem was generated via growfs,
because "d0" is four years old and "d1" was build in 2001.

I don't understand the "EXCESSIVE BAD BLKS"-error.
I tested with format (analyse and test) both raid5-sets and have no error.
I got no messages ... any hits ?

Thx Michael