[SunHELP] Sun Kit is just BETTER

Andy Bastien lists at yuggoth.net
Thu Jun 13 10:13:40 CDT 2002

I disagree about the Ultra 10s.  Every one I've used has worked very
well, and often under some harsh conditions.  I've consulted at a
company where a U10 was working so well that they lost it.  It had been
running for so long without maintenance or even attention that no-one
who was working at the company had ever actually touched the machine and
no-one even knew where the machine was physically located.  I'm not
kidding.  It wasn't until they moved their NOC to a new location and had
to shut down all they systems that they figured out where it was.  It
was replaced by a Netra T1 and, AFAIK, was retired to light duty as
someone's screwing-around workstation.

And then there was the case of the E250 with a broken lock which had to
be reset with a screwdriver...