[SunHELP] Solaris x86 Boot Manager for Dual boot configs

Christopher Smiga csmiga at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 13:57:30 CDT 2002

Hey gang!

I am setting up a Solaris 8 (x86 ) laptop that
requires the use of a dual boot configuration. I'll
have a main partition with Solaris x86 and a small
secondary partition with Linux. I don't want to use
the Linux LILO option for multi-boot. I'm looking to
use the Solaris x86 dual boot manager that comes with
the OS. Does anyone have information on the use of
this. I'd like to know Solaris commands for this as
well as the ways to configure this. Your information
on this would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Christopher Smiga
Systems Engineer (SCSA, SCNA)