[SunHELP] Raw Device Backup Operation

Rob Bains rbains at purusha.ca
Tue Jun 11 14:56:45 CDT 2002

If all you want to do is to backup the database, you can create a dump
device as the tape device and dump the database to the tape as:

Dump database <databasename> to <tape_device_name>

Or if you want to dump that to another disk, you can create a dump
device on the disk and dump the database there.

Don't forget to backup the transaction log using dump tran command.

HTH.