RES: [SunHELP] What is the Host Id

Edwin Jean Soriani Karrer edwin at tnext.com.br
Wed Jun 19 20:01:50 CDT 2002

The host id is a fix number loaded from the NVRAM. Sometimes the host id is
used to generate software licenses. To change the host id you have 2
the memory. In this case, you must put a command line with this "host id
cracker" in the rc before the license manager of a software that depends on
it. If you have more than a software that depends on different host ids, you
could try something like this on your rc:

S50hostid_cracker1
S51software1
S...
S80hostid_cracker2
S81software2

I have done it as a test about 2 years ago. Depending on the license manager
of your softwares it will work very well, but remember that its not legal!
:-)

#
# EOF
#