[SunHELP] solaris 8 problem ...

Adrian Florea florea at mrc.tm.cit.alcatel.fr
Fri Jun 14 08:12:46 CDT 2002

The desired result is that:

when ethernet cable is disconnected (on a solaris 8 NIS client) and I try
ping on the NIS master to receive a response like: no answer from ... .
I have setup the nsswitch.conf and /etc/hosts with related entries but in
the situation described the whole station is down, crashed - I can do
nothing on the console...

Adrian.