[SunHELP] Problem in Connecting SunFire V100

Mahantesh mantu_v at softhome.net
Sat Jul 13 04:53:39 CDT 2002

Hi,
I have bought new SunFire V100 recently. Like other Sun boxes I tried to
connect to it through Hyperterminal.
I connected DB-9 pin connector, which came with purchase of this server,
to my PC serial com1. From there put a CAT5 cable which goes to LOM-A of
" SunFire V100 " . After that I launched Hyeperterminal and selected
com1 there also and set the properties as follows.
Rate	-	9600 baud
parity	-	No
Stop bits -	1
Data bits -	8
Flow control-	Xon/off

After that powered up "SunFire V100". But I could not see anything on
the screen, even after pressing enter several times.
These are the steps from manual. Can any of you see deviation from
standard procedure in my method? Am I forgetting
some basics?

Of course I tried with different combinations like changing Flow control
to other options. And with straight and cross cables!

Thanks.
Mahantesh.