[SunHELP] hme driver options

Paul Mitcheson pmitcheson at iee.org
Tue Jul 9 17:28:21 CDT 2002

Dear All,

I have an Ultra 1 200E with 100mbit hme interface.

When hme0 is set to autonegotiate with my netgear 10/100 switch, it
negotiates 100Mbit FDX sucesfully, but it takes time.

Sometime, the time it takes is too long and dhcpd times out.

If I set:

  set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=0
  set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0
  set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=1

in /etc/system, the interface is configured immediately to 1000MBit FDX,
but the switch only configures to 100MBit HDX.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can force the hme to FDX 100 and getv
the switch configured as well.  The switch is unmanaged so I can't force
a particular port to FDX.

Thanks,

Paul
      .---.
     /     \
     \. at -@./     Paul Mitcheson
     /`\_/`\     Control and Power Research Group
    //  _  \\    Imperial College London
   | \     )|_   mailto:paul at mitcheson.org
  /`\_`>  <_/ \  http://www.mitcheson.org/paul