[SunHELP] solaris 8 NFS - hard/soft mount definintions

Adrian Florea florea at mrc.tm.cit.alcatel.fr
Mon Jul 1 00:19:19 CDT 2002

Hi,

Thank you very much for your advices.
My real problem is that I must take some actions when NFS server is down
(let say that a network problem appears, such as a unplugged cable), and
for taking those actions I need a working machine. Now, in case of my NFS
clients (fs are mounted for read and write purposes, so 'soft' is not a
good option) I need to kill some processes on them when NFS server is
down, but when server is down my clients are blocked and I cannot even
execute 'ps' to see processes.

Adrian FLOREA.