[SunHELP] OT: Anyone use UUCP? (prefrably with Postfix)

Thu Jan 31 09:40:43 CST 2002

Hello,

I have never used UUCP before but am told it's the best way to go
instead of multipop mail for getting mail to a network using a dialup
link.

I can't find much info on setting it up with Postfix and have got
nothing by mailing the postfix list.

I have an always online MX box running postfix and a dialup box running
postfix.

My questions are;

1) How do I setup postfix on the MX box to queue the mail for uucp (or
however it works). At the moment I just have a user, say myuser and I do
something like this in /etc/postfix/virtual:
domain.com      SOMETEXT domain.com      myuser

How can I convert this to UUCP for domain.com?
(do I need any extra packages/tools on there?)

2) How do I setup postfix on the dialup end to get the mail from the
above server for domain.com through UUCP after the dialup link has been
brought up?
(again, do I need anything extra installed on the box?)

3) How can I tell if the above (2) has been completed so I can
disconnect the dialup link?

Does anyone have a similar setup like this that can tell me how it's
done?

Anyone know of any docs?

Thanks in Advance!!

Ian