[SunHELP] VPN Solution

David Baldwin dbaldwin at networkinsight.com
Wed Jan 30 11:51:12 CST 2002

Hi,
I am trying to pinpoint what the best solution would be to allow access
to the inside from the outside.
Currently we have a pix firewall filtering packets separating inside and
web.
Where I am having trouble is with the whole VPN concept.
Do I need a VPN server to do this?  If I do I would like for it to be a
Sun solution.
It looks like it might be possible to terminate the VPN tunnel at the
pix and that would allow for both Win2k and Unices clients to connect
using pptp.  But, then, how would clients get an IP?  So far, the
documentation found has not been sufficient.
Would I use SunScreen/DHCP to deal out IPs to clients?  Will that work
for all clients?

If anyone can tell me which doc to read to make this process clear or
has some pointers that can help, I would be grateful.

Sorry if this is a little off topic, I wasn't sure where to start and I
know I would like to use Sun if possible.

TIA
Dave Baldwin