[SunHELP] library mismatch after installing forte compiler

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 29 08:29:19 CST 2002

I have had similar problems on my network after upgrading Forte. Turns out
that some of my developers were pointing to the wrong directories in their
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. They were specifying the /opt/SUNWspro/SC5/lib directory
instead of /opt/SUNWspro/WS6U1/lib. ld.so.1 and libCstd.so.1 are definitely
different between the original Forte and Forte Update 1/2. Hope this helps.

Adam Douglass
System Administrator/Chicken Without A Head
Veridian Information Solutions