[SunHELP] OT: Linux devices?

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Fri Jan 25 03:51:11 CST 2002

Hi,

Sorry for this rather off-topic question, but someone of you all
geek-druids should be able to answer my question.

I'm in need for a cheapo mirroring on a Linux-box, with two identical
drives, hda and hdb. Now, if I simply do a "dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb",
will that make a COMPLETE copy of the whole disk along with bootblocks,
partition-info etc.?
My idea is to run this once in a while on a DNS/mail serving machine
which almost never experience filesystem modifications, but do have an
important role in our network. (A harddrive recovery would involve only
a shift of drives to get it working again)

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB

Tel:    +46 660 80081