[SunHELP] Unix group limitation?

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:06:10 CST 2002

>From man group(4)

If a user is in more groups than the system is configured for,
{NGROUPS_MAX}, a warning  will be   given  and  subsequent  group
specifications  will  be ignored.

To find NGROUPS_MAX

# echo ngroups_max/D | adb -k /dev/ksyms /dev/mem
physmem 79f0
ngroups_max:
ngroups_max:    16

#

>From: "Meng, Andrew" <Andrew.Meng at capitalone.com>
>To: "'sunhelp at sunhelp.org'" <sunhelp at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [SunHELP] Unix group limitation?
>Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:51:10 -0500
>
>Hello,
>
>How many groups can a Unix id be in on Solaris, any limitation on Solaris
>or
>other flavors of Unix? Thanks!
>
>Andrew

>The information transmitted herewith is sensitive information intended only
>for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader
>of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
>any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other
>use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is
>strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
>please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

Jarrett Carver           http://www.geocities.com/solarboyz1
solarboyz1 at hotmail.com   Unix/NT Systems Administrator
"When people sigh 'Life is hard', I am always tempted to
ask 'compared to what?'".
               - Sydney Harris