[SunHELP] Help Needed with Mutiple Network interfaces

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Sun Jan 20 11:02:55 CST 2002

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Rajesh Vadde wrote:

| Thanks Dale,
| That's what I found yesterday from net. Is there any way oher than Multi
| Pathing? Sun Trunking also can be used, but looks like it has been told that
| Sun does not suport Trunking on Fire 4800 Servers :-|.

IP Multipathing is made for multiplexing outbound data over multiple
interfaces. It also provides a fail-over mechanism for interfaces, so if
one were to go down, another (or several others) can still send data. So
this is what you'd want to acomplish what you need to do in your case.

Sun Trunking is a (expensive) add-on which enables you to do the above,
but also allows incoming data to be spread over multiple interfaces.

/dale