[SunHELP] Help:Adjusting the values of semaphore and shared memory.

gsd gaurang123 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 01:48:48 CST 2002

Dear Friends,
I m on Sparcstation 5 having 32Mb memory and running solaris 2.5.1.I was
trying to adjust the value of semaphore and shared memory by adding the
following entry in /etc/system file.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=10485760
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=60
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=10

After adding the above entries in the /etc/system file I rebooted the system
with boot -r command and checked with sysdef command but value doesn't come in
the effect.I wondered,sysadminguide suggest the same procedure as i follow.wat
could be  wrong with it? pls suggest the possible cause and wat shold i check.

Thanks in advance for yr valuable suggestions.

-Gaurang