[SunHELP] Reg: Ldap

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 17 23:06:58 CST 2002

>    I have a query ,can we use LDAP to authenticate sendmail users ,which
is
> running in solaris ,as LDAP is on Windows 2k ,anyone has worked or has
idea
> ,can help me in this.

There is a wacked-out patch/mod/something for Sendmail that allows it to do
LDAP lookups.  HOwever, I only know for certain that it runs on the Linux
version of Sendmail.  I also know that it doesn't run very well there.  It's
slow, it crashes, it never shuts down properly, and god help you if the LDAP
database hiccups for *any* reason at _all_...

If you want to do LDAP lookups for email, I strongly suggest that you look
elsewhere.  qmail is a much more stable, and faster, LDAP+email solution.
I'm certain there are others as well...

Kurt