[SunHELP] NIS passwords

Robert Banniza RPBanniz at ascensionhealth.org
Thu Jan 17 07:54:07 CST 2002

On the subject of NIS, I was wondering if it was possible to use NIS
with something like stunnel. I have been pondering over using either
LDAP or NIS for authentication and although I think NIS is somewhat
insecure, I think Sun's LDAP support just isn't mature enough yet. Not
to mention there is little documentation outside of Blueprints and
iPlanet will not work with SSL for authentication.

Robert

Robert Banniza
Senior UNIX Administrator
Ascension Health
Phone: 812-228-2157

>>> tlongo at avaya.com 01/17/02 07:44AM >>>
Just wondering if anyone who is using NIS has figured out a way to
increase
password security beyond 8 characters?  I'd also be curious to know if
anyone has a good way of expiring passwords in an NIS domain.

Thanks.
SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org